What is the Teal Pumpkin Project®?
Visions is promoting the Teal Pumpkin Project this year.
Launched in 2014 by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE), the Teal Pumpkin Project® promotes safety, inclusion and respect of individuals managing food allergies. This movement offers an alternative for kids with food allergies, as well as other children for whom candy is not an option, and keeps Halloween a fun, positive experience for all!
We are proud to support the Teal Pumpkin Project®. Through this international initiative, families are encouraged to place a teal-coloured pumpkin in front of their home to show they have non-food treats available for children with food allergies and other kids for whom candy is not an option. Its aim is to create a safer and happier Halloween for all!
How can you participate?
Here are some fun ways you can participate:
- Paint your pumpkin teal and display it outside your home
- Provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters (stickers, glow sticks, playing cards etc.)
- Download and display a free printable poster/sign in your window (See downloads)
- Tell your families and friends and ask them to join the campaign
- Host an allergy-friendly Halloween party and paint pumpkins with friends