Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Hello Visions Community,
We know many of you are concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to share with you the steps we are taking to minimize risk at Visions United.
Now is the time to respond with an abundance of care for one another, as well as an attitude of caution.
Your Congregational Leadership Team met on Wednesday evening, reviewed the United Church of Canada's recommended response to Emergency and Public Health concerns. The measures we're taking follow best practices in responding to COVID-19, and take into consideration recommendations from Public Health officials.
Starting this Sunday, March 15th, Visions is making interim changes to some of our routines and rituals in response to COVID-19. Visions United gatherings are small and well below the recommended 150 person threshold for considering cancellation/postponement. We recognize this recommendation may change in the coming weeks. The leadership will monitor the situation.
Changes to Sunday Spirit Gatherings include:
- Door greeters are instructed to not shake hands or give hugs, but rather offer a warm verbal greeting to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Conversation Cafe will not include food. There will still be tea/coffee and opportunity for conversation.
- Passing of the Peace will be adapted. We will sing a blessing of peace instead of shaking hands, offering hugs, or mingling to greet each other.
- Hand Sanitizer is available in traffic areas and entrance to the Great Room. We encourage everyone to use it upon entering and leaving our gatherings.
We are Community. Let's share in the protection of others.
The most important recommendation is always:
- Please do not come to church if you are feeling ill or have a fever or cough.
- Please follow Public Health advisories regarding travel and any requests for self-isolation or quarantine.
- We realize some people may choose to self-isolate because of their personal health concerns or for other reasons.
In all cases, we encourage you to let us know so we can hold you in prayer, and be in contact by phone or email, messaging or text. We want to continue to be a caring community.
Do you receive our Friday email announcements?
If you do not, we will have someone available on Sunday to take down phone numbers and email addresses. For those who do not have email, we will ensure you are contacted by phone should we need to share any notices of concern or cancellation.
If you do receive these weekly announcements, we will provide updates for emergent issues by email, and on our Facebook page and website.
Do you have access to web technology using an iPad/tablet or computer?
We would like to know the feasibility of offering an "on-line" Spirit Gathering should the need arise.
Options could include a Facebook Live service, a downloadable reflection off our website, etc.
Please indicate on the "sign-up" sheet in the foyer your interest and accessibility to (a) Facebook, and/or b) downloading or viewing a posting on our website or by email.
The Executive of the CLT will have responsibility to make any emergency decisions should public health officials issue further advisories affecting public gatherings.
Updates will be:
- Circulated via email announcements
- Posted on our Website
- Posted on our Facebook page.
- Communicated by telephone to those not preferring the above electronic measures.
- Changes/cancellations to worship times will also be on our telephone recorded voice mail message.
Updates about COVID-19 and advisories are available from the New Brunswick Department of Health
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Announcements for the current week and past weeks can be found by clicking on the links below.
- March 15 2020
- March 8 2020
- March 1 2020
- February 23 2020
- February 16 2020
- February 9 2020
- February 2 2020
- January 26 2020
- January 19 2020
- January 12 2020
- January 5 2020
- December 22 2019
- December 15 2019
- December 8, 2019
- November 17, 2019
- November 10, 2019
- November 3, 2019
- October 27, 2019
- August 4, 2019
- June 23, 2019
- June 16, 2019
- June 9, 2019
- June 2, 2019
- May 26, 2019
- May 19, 2019
- May 12, 2019
- May 5, 2019
- 2018-08 August 19
- 2018-08 - August 10