Visions United and the John Howard Society
Our Community Hub Location - 140 Joyce Avenue, Moncton
We’ve got exciting news! After months of searching and evaluating our options for land to build our new home, we’ve found it! Thank you for your patience, prayers and steadfast support. Our journey continues…
We announced at our congregational meeting on September 15, 2019 the land is located at 140 Joyce Avenue. The lot is situated amidst a number of low-rise apartment buildings.
Immediately north are the residential areas off Hennessey, Elmwood and McLaughlin Drives, an area of Moncton that is growing! The well-established neighbourhoods of Sunny Brae are to the south. This area of northeast Moncton has little community gathering space, and we are confident the 'Community Hub' project will strengthen the sense of neighbourhood in this area of our city.
The location provides an excellent opportunity for Visions to engage the local community with our worship, programs and outreach.
Vision's involvement with the Community Hub project is supported as a New Ministry initiative of the United Church of Canada since May 2020. Our project is called 'Northeast Moncton Community Hub: a 21st Century experiment in koinonia (community)'.
- The purchase of land was finalized.
- On September 25th 2019, the Public Advisory Council of the City of Moncton approved the few variances necessary before a building permit can be issued
- Revised plans for the 24,000 square foot building, architectural drawings and the site plan were displayed September 29th, 2019 to the Congregation
- The first neighbourhood information session was held September 26th, 2019
- After a number of delays and work stoppage due to COVID-19, the foundations were poured late August 2020
- Construction has continued despite COVID-19 and drywall is being hung as of April 2021
Timeline for the Construction is here
- projected completion date September, 2021 (updated)